certificates of authenticity
A Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) is an official document that includes several details about the artwork.
Every Limited Edition Print purchased from Erik Brede Photography comes with a signed certificate of authenticity, certificate hologram tamper with CoA#, and a signed label which can be affixed to back of the artwork. The document is mailed to the customer as soon as the artwork is delivered and accepted. The print has to be marked with the Certificate of Authenticity & Hologram System to be regarded as genuine. The system is designed to protect the security and genuineness of your limited edition artworks and reduce the risk of forgery.
Each Certificate is equipped with a serialized numbered hologram. A second, identically numbered hologram is ready to be applied to the back side of the artwork after receiving the CoA letter. The combination of the certificate and hologram assures that each Certificate of Authenticity relates to one particular piece of art and makes this a Signed, Limited edition.
What is CoA?
A certificate of authenticity (CoA) is a seal or small sticker to demonstrate that the item is authentic.
CoAs are most common in the art world. Generally speaking, a valid CoA for an artwork will include specific details about the artwork like when and how it was produced, the names of people or companies involved in the artwork’s production, the work’s exact title, the dimensions of the art, and the names of reference books, magazines, or similar resources that contain either specific or related information about either that work of art or the artist. The CoA should also state the qualifications and full contact information of the individual or entity that authored the certificate with his or her complete and current contact information.
Facts about my CoA:
- All my certificates of authenticity are original documents, hand-signed by me – NOT photocopies
- A legitimate certificate of authenticity must fully and accurately describe the work of art which it is authenticating, including size, medium (limited edition print), date, title, edition size and CoA#. There should be no doubt that the CoA describes one and only one work of art. All my CoA meets all of these criteria
- You can request and review the complete CoA and not just a portion of it before buying my artwork
- If you have any questions about a certificate of authenticity, contact Erik Brede Photography and get the answers BEFORE you buy my art
- All my limited edition prints are documented in my catalogues raisonne and can be downloaded from my web site (new version under production). In the Catalogue raisonne you will find information about all the available print types and sizes, edition and catalogue number.