Like many companies, I use technology on my website to collect information that helps me enhance your experience and my services. The cookies that I use at Erik Brede Photography allow my website to work and help me to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with my cookie practices and let me know if you have any questions by sending me an e-mail or submitting a request through the “Contact” form on my websites.
I have tried to keep this Notice as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, then read about these key terms first.
Who is collecting it?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Erik Brede Photography via cookies and other tracking technologies is controlled by Erik Brede Photography.
This notice applies any platform and websites which are operated by or on behalf of Erik Brede Photography.
The section below summarises the different types of cookies I use on my website, together with their respective purpose and provides you with the ability to manage these cookies.
Erik Brede Photography will only collect, use or disclose your personal data where it is fair and lawful to do so.
What does cookie mean?
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping me to offer you the best product and services.
There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on my website, please refer to the below relevant section.
The cookies you consent to, are also used to collect your personal data which I then profile into audiences so that I can deliver targeted advertising tailored to your interests and limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
I also insert cookies in emails and newsletters to improve my content and advertising.
How can I control or delete cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
- You can refuse your consent
- You can disable Erik Brede Photography or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings
- You can use a cookie management tool to disable Erik Brede Photography or third-party cookies
Control via your browser settings
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. If you do not want my website to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of my cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
If you disable the cookies that I use, this may impact your experience while on the website, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a website or you may not receive personalized information when you visit a website.
If you use different devices to view and access the Erik Brede Photography website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Switching off tracking cookies, for example, ensures that Erik Brede Photography will no longer track your online behaviour. However please note that opting-out from tracking cookies does not necessarily mean that you will receive less advertising. It just means that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests.
cookies does not necessarily mean that you will receive less Unilever advertising. It just means that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests.
What cookies do I use?
The cookies used on Erik Brede Photography website may be generally categorised as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make the website work correctly, they enable you to move around my websites and use my features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. Q: Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? A: These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use my websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on my websites, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to my website from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from me, including details of the product or service purchased. This helps me improve the performance of my websites. Q: Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? A: These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow my website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. Similarly, they may be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to play games and engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums. Q: Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? A: The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Erik Brede Photography and non-Erik Brede Photography websites. They remember that you have visited my website but don’t share the information with other parties. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties. Q: Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? A: Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies. I use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on my behalf when you visit my website to allow them to deliver tailored Unilever advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. I also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on my websites. For example, while browsing the website you may be served cookies from third-parties who provide some of its features on my website (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to my cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website. Q: Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? A: Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
Duration of the cookie I use
In terms of duration, I may use two different types of cookies on my website:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave my websites
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings).