Certificates of Authenticity
A Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) is an official document that includes several details about the artwork.
Every Limited Edition Print purchased from Erik Brede Photography comes with a signed certificate of authenticity document emailed to the buyer as soon as the artwork is delivered and accepted. The document is a digitally signed PDF file containing the name of the artwork, the edition number of a multi-edition artwork, and a reference number (CoA Number).
An identically numbered hologram seal will be mailed to the buyer together with a copy of the CoA document after the artwork has been accepted. The combination of the certificate and the hologram seal assures that each Certificate of Authenticity relates to one particular piece of art and makes this a Signed, Limited edition.
What is CoA?
A certificate of authenticity (CoA) is a document to demonstrate that the item is authentic.
CoAs are most common in the art world. Generally speaking, a valid CoA for the artwork will include specific details about the artwork like when and how it was produced, the names of people or companies involved in the artwork’s production, the work’s exact title, the dimensions of the art, and the names of reference books, magazines, or similar resources that contain either specific or related information about either that work of art or the artist. The CoA should also state the qualifications and full contact information of the individual or entity that authored the certificate with his or her complete and current contact information.
Facts about my CoA:
- All my certificates of authenticity are original signed documents
- A legitimate certificate of authenticity must fully and accurately describe the work of art which it is authenticating, including size, medium (limited edition print), date, title, edition size, and CoA#. There should be no doubt that the CoA describes one and only one work of art. All my CoA meets all of these criteria
- You can request and review the complete CoA and not just a portion of it before buying my artwork
- If you have any questions about a certificate of authenticity, contact Erik Brede Photography and get the answers BEFORE you buy my art
- If you buy a print using my interest-free down payment plan, you will get the CoA document after all installments are paid.